Speak with a pastoral care/counsellor
Focus on the Family Australia offers a one-time, complimentary telephone consultation from a Christian perspective with one of our in-house staff and/or email you some resources.
Everyone needs support from time to time
Most of us, if we have supportive friends and/or family, will weather most situations with God’s help. However, at times, we may:
- Feel overwhelmed by the difficulty we are facing
- Experience changes in appetite and/or sleep patterns, a decreased ability to concentrate, persistent sadness, diminished interest in life and/or feelings of hopelessness
- Lack support from our usual support base
- Experience prolonged, chronic worry about ourself or others
- Begin using substances or activities in order to cope (“self-medicating”)
- Have difficulty managing emotions (e.g. experience greater irritability or cry a lot)
At these times, you may wish to consult a pastoral care/counsellor for additional support. You are welcome to start with a consultation with one of our staff, who can then advise you how you can gain further support for the issue you are experiencing.
Request to speak with a pastoral care/counsellor
Your one-time consultation is available at no cost; it is our gift, generously made possible by our faithful donors.
To book your appointment, please fill in your details with a brief summary of your situation and our pastoral care / counsellor will contact you by email or phone.